STATUTES OF THE ASSOCIATION
BRETAGNE CULTURE DIVERSITÉ
Extraordinary General Meeting, 06/05/13
FORM – NAME – PURPOSE – HEADQUARTERS – DURATION
Article 1 – FORM
The founding members and all those who abide by these statutes form an association governed by the law of July, 1st 1901, the decree of August, 16th, 1901 and this Statute.
Article 2 – NAME
The name of the association is “BRETAGNE CULTURE DIVERSITÉ”. It has been translated into Breton and Gallo, and may be amended by decision of the extraordinary general meeting.
Article 3 – PURPOSE
The purpose of the association is to promote the spread of the cultural material and knowledge of Brittany as well as cultural diversity, across the five departments of the historical province of Brittany, through, among others, the following objectives :
- to start a perpetual inventory of the Breton intangible cultural heritage ;
- to implement a comprehensive plan for the spread and popularization of the cultural material and knowledge of Brittany
- to foster accessibility as well as the enhancement of cultural and scientific contents related to Britain, particularly through information and communications technology ;
- to promote cultural diversity.
Article 4 – HEADQUARTERS
The headquarter of the association is established at: Boulevard Cosmao Dumanoir, Centre Lorientis 56100 Lorient. It may be transferred to any other place in Brittany by decision, endorsed by the Supervisory Board, of the board of directors, and subject to ratification by the next General Assembly.
Article 5 – DURATION
The association is established for a period of 99 years upon its publication in the Official Journal. It may be extended by decision of the extraordinary general meeting.
MEMBERS – MEMBERSHIP,
WITHDRAWALS AND EXCLUSIONS – FINANCING
Article 6 – MEMBERSHIP
The association is composed of the following members :
- the founding members of the association;
- Any natural or legal person working in the same field than the association and abide by these statutes;
And as members:
- The Regional Council of Brittany, represented by its President or its representative and six Regional councillors or his / her deputy;
- Each administrative department of Brittany, including Loire-Atlantique, represented by an elected official or his / her designate ;
- The president of the cultural council of Brittany and his / her representative ;
- A representative of the State;
- A representative of the host city of the association;
- Each aforementioned institution, organization or association wishing to replace its representative in the association shall give a written notice to the President, with the clear identity of the new permanent representative.
Article 7 – MEMBERSHIP – EXCLUSION – COMMITMENT OF MEMBERS
The accession of new member shall be approved by the Board of Directors and the Supervisory Board through a written application sent to the Board of Directors by the applicant (whether natural or legal). Reasons shall be given for any refusal.
- Membership of the association shall be terminated:
- by dissolution, in the case of a natural person ;
- by a letter of resignation addressed to the president of the association, the subscription thereto fer the current fiscal year shall be retained by the association;
- by non-payment of the annual subscription ;
- by the well-reasoned decision of the Board of Directors and the Supervisory Board.
Members agree to participate in the achievement of the association’s objectives. A member shall not be personally liable for commitments entered into by the association, only the assets of the association may be used to meet commitments.
Article 8 – RESOURCES
The income of the Association shall consist of :
- subscriptions due, which amount is determined annually by the General Assembly;
- grants of any kind from public authorities or by any other entity willing to finance its activities ;
- any potential subscriptions from its members;
- income from assets;
- any resource whose collection is authorized by laws and regulations in force.